Monday, March 22, 2010

Stop the World I Want to Get Off

When I was little, I remember hearing: "Stop the World I want to get off!"  I used to think it was quite funny... Imagine!  Why would anyone want to stop the World AND get off of it?  Sadly, I am in total agreement now. 

I am tired of constantly feeling sad.  Believe me, I am trying really really hard not to feel this way but it seems the rest of the World is two steps ahead of me and I can't keep up.  I just feel like crying all the time. 

When the cashier at the grocery store today looked at my belly and said "So what happened to the little baby that was in there?"  I wished so badly to say: "She's at home with her daddy." But instead I had to say: "She passed away...."  I am so tired of saying that.  Why couldn't things be different? 

 I miss my little Adelle more and more each day and I hurt more and more each day.  I'm baffled by this, as the day we learned that she was gone, my heart quite litteraly broke and I never felt more pain.

You'll have to excuse me now as I go Google the way to stop this huge marble...

4 comments:

Sylvie said...

That's crappy. :-( The only positive-ish thing I can say about this is that it means people know she was here. Every time someone asks, it's because they remember her, they know you have a daughter and they know you and M. are parents. Doesn't do much for the spinning of the world though - I so wish it could. Hugs to you and M pis des gros becs à Adelle. xoxo

Carrie said...

Sometimes things get worse, before they get better, and sometimes "being strong" is tiresome.
Allow yourself to drop those sandbags once in a while. Someone else will pick them up. As painful as it is that people ask about Adelle, it would be painful too if they didn't. Maybe part of your journey is to a be a voice for those voiceless angels, and as long as people keep asking, then you can keep giving Adelle (and all the other angel babies) a voice.

Stacy said...

Hello. I don't remember where I came across your blog from, but I check in every once in awhile. I can honestly say, I know your pain with what happened in this blog. Just last week I had some lady I hadn't seen since I was 15 weeks pregnant with my twins scream across the store "where's the babies!?" I could have sunk into the floor. I went over and explained to her that they were born at the end of November and died shortly thereafter. Like you, I was so wanting to just say they're at home...technically not a lie, but not telling the full truth of it, that they're at home on their shelf in their urn. If you find a way to stop it, let me know, I'll help you out and we can jump ship together!
Stacy

suemorton said...

Hugs to you first off......I hate days like that.....I actually stopped talking about it because I felt like I was completely a broken record and that my friends who haven't suffered a loss of a child or even had a baby got fed up with me.

About Me

My photo
On November 6th, 2009, I gave birth to our angel Adelle at 34 weeks. She had already grown her wings... I am going through a difficult time and am learning a lot about myself and what it means to be the mommy of an Angel. I hope that by sharing my experiences, other angels' moms will find some comfort in knowing they are not alone. I am married to the most wonderful man on Earth. I am blessed with the most precious family and friends. My heart will always be full of love for my Angel Baby Adelle.

Baby Adelle

On the wings of an angel, she gently touched down. Here for a moment, then heavenly bound, where the sweet Father welcomed her home and the wings of an angel became her own.

In memory of our precious baby girl

-November 6th, 2009


Counter

NetworkedBlogs

Followers